Pageant Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
First United Methodist Church of Monticello at 10:00am
- 0-11 Months: Baby Miss & Mr.
- 12-23 Months: Infant Miss & Mr.
- 2-3 Years: Tiny Miss & Mr. (accompaniment required)
- 4-6 Years: Little Miss (accompaniment encouraged)
- 7-9 Years: Young Miss
- 10-12 Years: Junior Miss
- All contestants must meet the age requirements by the day of the pageant.
- All contestants must reside in or attend school in Jefferson County.
- All contestants must pay a non-refundable entry fee.
- No contestant can hold any other pageant or event title for the reigning year. (2019-2020)
- Under no circumstances will any unsportsmanlike conduct be tolerated from contestants, family, or friends. Any infraction of this policy will lead to immediate dismissal of the offender.
Walker/Accompaniment partner must dress in a manner that does not distract from the contestant. Please wear business/dressy casual attire.
ATTIRE FOR BEAUTY
- 0-9 Girls: Long, knee, or tea length gown
- 10-12 Girls: Floor length dress or gown
- All Boys: Suit, slacks, khaki’s or church outfit
Hair and Shoes for all: To compliment but not distract from the contestant or the attire.
Keep in mind, girls, the length of the dress and comfort!
DEADLINE TO ENTER: TUESDAY, MAY 14TH
♥ PIZZA PARTY: The Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce along with the reigning Miss Watermelon and Teen Miss Watermelon Queens will be hosting a pizza party for all contestants on Friday, May 24th from 5:30pm – 7:00pm at the Chamber of Commerce. The contestant along with one parent or guardian is encouraged to come and enjoy fun and free pizza!
♥ PHOTOGENIC: All photos are due by the night of dress rehearsal. (Friday, May 31st.) Requirements for the photo include:
- 8×10 size
- Headshot style (from the chest up)
- Natural editing/colors recommended
♥ DRESS REHEARSAL: Dress rehearsal will be held Friday, May 31st, beginning at 4:30pm – 5:45pm at the pageant location. Dress rehearsal is open practice for contestants to rehearse their “pageant walk” before the pageant the following day. Pageant coordinators and helpers will be at dress rehearsal to assist contestants. Please dress casually for this practice. Do not wear pageant attire.
♥ TICKETS: Each contestant will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to the pageant which will be given at dress rehearsal. If you do not plan on attending dress rehearsal, please contact Stephanie English to make other arrangements to gather tickets. The contestant and their backstage assistant (1) will receive free admission. Day-of admission is $6 for adults, $3 for students, and children three (3) years old and younger receive free admission.
♥ PAGEANT DAY: The 2019 Jefferson County Watermelon Pageant will be held at 10:00am at the First United Methodist Church of Monticello. Doors will be open at 9:00am, and ALL contestants MUST check in no later than 9:30am. Only one (1) adult will be permitted as backstage assistant for each contestant. Contestants are encouraged to arrive dressed and ready for opening number but dressing rooms and outlets will be available (for hair and makeup) to get ready at the location.
Main Entry Fee $40
Optional Entry Fees
- Most Photogenic $5
- Prettiest Smile $5
- Prettiest Hair $5
- Best Attire $5
- Best Stage Presence $5
- ALL 5 OPTIONALS $20
To apply, fill in the electronic form below, and pay online, or download the application package to fill in and submit in person.