Sponsored by Gulf Coast Lumber / True Value
Friday, June 7th, 2019 at 6:30 PM on Mulberry Street
There will be Two Categories this year; Adults (age 18 and up) and Teens (ages 13 – 17). Each Category will win prizes for Race Winner and Best Dressed Bed!
Awards for Race Winner & Best Dressed Bed
- Race Winner wins $25 cash and custody of the Bragging Rights Traveling Trophy
- Best-Dressed Bed Winner wins $25 cash prize
$25 REGISTRATION FEE – Entry Due June 3, 2019
Rules of the Road
1. $25 entry fee paid to Monticello Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce
2. Each race team will consist of two pushers, one rider.
3. Each race is for time. There will be no heats, so give it all you got on the one and only running!
4. All participants in the Adult Race must be at least 18 years of age, be a member or a relative of a member of the organization entering the race and must sign a release prior to the race. Identification may be requested. All participants in the Teen Race must be age 13 to 17 and be a member or relative of the team sponsor. Parents must sign a release for all participants in the Teen Race and ID may be requested. (This may be the one time you DON’T want to be 18…)
5. Bed specifications:
• Edges, corners or projections on bed must be adequately padded to avoid injury
• Bed must be STRUCTURALLY SOUND TO BE PUSHED ON BUMPY STREET
• Some form of safety strap, tie down, belt, helmet, etc…for rider
• No baby, Styrofoam or air mattresses allowed
• Mattress must be securely fastened to bed
• No baby beds allowed
6. Beds should be decorated and ready for contention for the “Best Dressed Bed” Award.
7. Bed must be pushed from headboard end and cannot be pulled.
8. Foot power only, no propelling motors or engines allowed.
9. Pushers MUST be able to stop bed from full velocity within a reasonable distance.
10. Teams must have beds at staging area no later than 6:15 PM and be ready for inspection.
11. Bed may be disqualified if rules/specifications are not met and entry fee will be forfeited.
12. Races shall be run in groups of two due to width of racetrack. You are going for the best time – so again… GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!!! You will be grouped by the race coordinator.
13. First race begins at 6:30 p.m.
14. Each team’s bed rider will be required to wear pajamas (provided) over your regular clothing, get out of the bed at turn around point (while pushers are turning the bed around) and spin a Hula Hoop around your waist three times, get back on bed and race to the finish.
15. Each person that comes to support your team (and only your team) earns you a one inch advantage at starting line by signing the Bed Booster form.
ALL TEAM MEMBERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AN EVENT RELEASE FORM PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING IN THE BED RACE.
Apply by filling in the online form below. You will be directed to the payment page upon submission.
Or Download an Application and submit by June 3rd. Submit registration and payment to Monticello Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce (MJCCC), 420 West Washington Street, Monticello, FL 32344. Registration forms may be dropped off at the Chamber of Commerce. Make checks payable to MJCCC.